A 29-year-old doctor in Wuhan, Hubei province, died from the novel coronavirus pneumonia on Thursday, according to the local health administration.
If the outbreak had not occurred, Peng Yinhua, the doctor, would have held his wedding ceremony on Feb 1 with his wife.
But in January, Peng returned to work at the First People's Hospital of Wuhan Jiangxia district, putting his wedding day on hold, The Paper reported.
He was diagnosed with a novel coronavirus infection on Jan 25. His condition worsened on Jan 30, and he died on Thursday night despite treatment.
A nurse who had been taking care of him said on her Sina Weibo that Peng had always been positive and smiling when lying in the hospital.
- Wuhan doctor who postponed wedding passes away
- Non-contact delivery deployed in Wuhan communities
- Wuhan hospital president dies of novel coronavirus pneumonia
- 1,200 military medics arrive in Wuhan to help battle coronavirus
- 2,600 more military medics dispatched to assist coronavirus-hit Wuhan
- Patients square dance at cabin hospital in Wuhan
- Wuhan doctor who postponed wedding passes aw
- 29 foreigners infected by novel coronavirus
- Xi urges protection， care for medical workers
- Chinese state councilor meets ASEAN secretar
- China donates a batch of novel coronavirus t
- Taiwan compatriots stranded in Hubei call fo
- WHO affirms novel coronavirus pneumonia is n
- Demand rising for contactless delivery
- ‘Mulan’ becomes Disney’s first PG-13 live